This was my first 2.5 gallon trial and my first Belgian Tripel. Both of which were exciting and educational. I used my glass carboy for this one and placed it into a rubbermaid container. I filled this container with water and placed gallon bags of ice blocks into it to keep the temperature down. As the fermentation progressed, I waited longer and longer to replace the ice blocks. This kept the temperature fairly consistent and allowed it to rise from 64 to 70 F. After 8 days, I needed my Hydrometer which was still in the carboy. I tried fishing it out but instead racked the beer to my bottling bucket. The next day I decided to go ahead and bottle anyway.
Initially I was concerned that these bottles would blow up as I can see about a 1/4 inch layer of sediment. I am positive that fermentation was complete but we will see!